The refrigerator is an essential part of a kitchen. There are different kinds of refrigerators to suit the needs of households. With this article, we will guide you in your choice of model through 3 main questions.
What type of refrigerator to choose ?
Several choices are at your disposal
- Handsets : the handsets consist of two separate parts, with two different doors. A lower part for freezing and an upper part for refrigeration.
- Top : “top” refrigerators or otherwise called “double doors” differ from combined units by having the freezer part at the top.
- American fridge : larger than the combination, the American refrigerator has two spaces next to each other: one for freezing, one for refrigeration.
Usually, an American fridge has a dispenser for water, crushed ice and ice cubes. It will therefore be necessary to provide a direct connection to the water.
- Multi-doors : this type of refrigerator is suitable for large families. Offering more space than most handsets, the multi-door has a freezer section with one or two drawers, as well as a refrigerator space.
- One-door refrigerators : these devices have a simple refrigeration space. There is also a freezer space called a “freezer”. The number of stars must be taken into account (for example, a 2 star does not keep frozen products for long). This type of refrigerator is suitable for people with a separate freezer.
There are also table-tops, ideal for small spaces and small kitchens. The table-top is a one-door refrigerator, sometimes having a freezer that can fit directly under a worktop, depending on the model. Ideal for student accommodation and studios.
Freestanding or built-in, that is the question ?
There are a large number of models, colors and materials available today for a refrigerator that best suits your needs.
Built-in or built-in refrigerators are ideal for decorating a kitchen. When buying a built-in refrigerator, you should remember to keep a ventilation space on the sides and at the back. The same is true for freestanding refrigerators so that the heat emanating from the appliance can easily escape.
Ventilated cold or called No Frost : cold air is circulated throughout the refrigerator. This dry air prevents the formation of frost inside the refrigerator.
Cold stirred : cold air is stirred at the bottom of the refrigerator by a fan. Thus, the temperature is continuously homogeneous. Your fresh food will thus be better preserved.
Static cold : here the air circulates freely in the refrigerator. However, temperature zones are created. For example, for the top space, if the refrigerator does not have a freezer or freezer, it will be warmer than the bottom. It will therefore be necessary to think about positioning the food correctly.
What about the freezer ?
It is important to estimate the storage capacity that you want to have when buying a refrigerator or freezer. This should be tailored to your needs and consumption.
Indeed, a refrigerator with a freezer at the top offers more storage capacity in the refrigerator space. In other words, a combination with a bottom freezer offers more storage capacity for frozen products.
This item is a gateway to your choice of fridge size and model. By making an appointment with one of our Home Store appliance advisors, you will benefit from personalized recommendations based on your tastes, your cuisine and your budget.